A house is not a home; it is just a material thing that binds members of the family that created a home. Selling them is a very hard decision especially when it is full of happy memories. The decisions of selling a house varies to different reasons; it maybe because of promotion and facing foreclosure, transfer of work, avail or build a new modern one, migrate to other countries, expensive maintenance, or financial crisis.
How to get your house ready to sell
Prepare Your House for Sell
Whatever the reasons for selling a home, the owner must learn to know some important points on how to get the house ready to sell. As far as we know, selling a house is also like selling products. If you want your product to be sold out, you have to make sure it is in good quality, clean and beautiful to look at before displaying it in the market.
Buyers on the other hand, buyers are very selective and conscious of buying ready made house, for there are lots of house for sale in the market today. They need a house outright with or without furnishings, but they still look for a better and good house in fairness with the price that they will pay.
How to Detach Yourself with the House
- Just bear in mind that house is just a building, and a material that does not last long.
- Remind yourself the reason for selling house and accept the reality.
- Look forward and picture yourself in another more grand and sophisticated house.
- Take a final look for every part of the rooms, talk to yourself aloud beading goodbye to all the memories there.
- Then start collecting your personal things around.
This is possibly the simplest of ideas for selling your house quickly.
Tips To Make Your House More Presentable To Buyers
- Make sure that there is no problem with the title of ownership, taxes, and bills.
- Clean the whole house from inside to outside lawn and garage, dispose all garbage.
- Empty the whole house by removing all hanging things from ceilings, wall, windows and doors.
- Remove all personal things inside the cabinets, drawers, and cupboard, giving it empty and clean space for the new owner, then pack and sorts things according to
- Its uses, sizes, and kind. Separate the fragile in a safety box.
- Throw or give away things that are not in used; take some that has sentimental value to the family and leave the important furniture for the new owner to use instantly like; Sala, dining, kitchen, and bed sets.
- Have the necessary repairs on the old structures especially in the kitchen. And fix all the leaks from pipes and faucets then to creaky doors and windows.
- Do the repaint of the faded roof, walls and ceilings making it new to look again.
- Inspect the electric wirings and be sure that they are still safe to use. Check the
- Light if it still okay and if not, change the bulb or fluorescent.
- Rearrange the remaining furniture leaving no trace of your personal touches.
- Sanitize the whole house, free from moist, insects, and foul odor.
Contact an agent to let your house open to market or post your own ad in social media. If you are still living in that house, be prepare for anyone and anytime to entertain and show buyers that knock on your door. But first thing first is…
Evaluate the price and cost of the house or hire an appraisal to help decide the total cost of the house. Compare and look for other houses that are in the market before sitting for a fix price. List some good selling points near your house, like near the school, the market, the church, the plaza or mall.
” See Also: How to sell Tampa House Fast
Plan for the right time to evacuate and turn over. A time not complicated with schools, work and climate.Market your home, either by hanging “House for Sale” in front of your house; Use fliers; and word of mouth to friends and friends of friends.
Know How to Show Your House
It is very important that you show your house with some tactics because the first impression is very important. Here is how you can show it properly. Always set a good ambiance and mood of the house during the marketing time. Show a clean and spotless house.
Be courteous, and hospitable; greet them and introduce yourself then offer something, like cold water, juice or coffee. Explain the idea of the structure and the floor plan, the size and the model. Make it a positive outlook; don’t dwell on the negative issues of the house. Be sure to lock and secure all your valuables things and money.
So there’s a lot to be done, getting your house ready to sell is a stressful experience but at the same time fun to see your house being neat and tidy looking at its best again.